Pennsylvania West Referee Program
82 Lookout Ave
Welcome to the
Grade 8 Referee - Entry Level Training is available on August 23rd. Applicants must be 14 years old by Sept. 1, 2014
It is imperative that you READ the document
Entry Level Referee On-Line Course Instructions
before you proceed with any aspect of the
Entry Level Training!!!
Click on the flashing image "Referee Clinics"
to go to the Referee Clinics page to proceed
with registration for Entry Level Training.
Click here to read the USSF document
Information For New Referees
All On-Line modules must be completed at least one week before your course to secure your spot in the classroom.
|Unanchored Goals = Serious Injury |
It is the responsibility of the Referee to check for the safety of the players!!!
The Referee's authority begins upon arrival at the area of the field of play and continues until he or she has left the area of the field after the game has been completed. The Referee's authority extends to time when the ball is not in play, to temporary suspensions, to the half-time break, and to additional periods of play or kicks from the penalty mark required by the rules of the competition.
The first order of business for the Referee team upon entering the field is to determine the fitness of the field. Failing to perform that duty is a significant breach of the Referees's responsiblies and represents Referee misconduct.
IF Goals Are Not Anchored - Do Not Start The Game!!!
Recent USSF Memorandums and Position Papers
- 2012-2013 Amendments to the Laws of the Game (Memorandum 2012)
- 7 + 7 Offenses 2010
- Advantage - June 2012 A paper dealing with the broader use of "Advantage" (PDF)
- Advantage - June 2012 - Video A video dealing with the broader use of "Advantage"
- Ask, Tell, Dismiss A video dealing with coaches or other team officials irresponsible/disruptive behavior (May 2012)
- Requirements For Injured Player Position Paper - January 2012 (PDF)
- Requirements For Injured Player Position Paper - January 2012 (PowerPoint)
- The Fourth Official Standing or Sitting Position Paper - January 2012
- I Got the Ball Position Paper - August 2011 (PDF)
- Information For New Referees 2010
- 100% Misconduct (be sure to read this important Referee Program Directive and be familiar with all aspects of Tactical Fouls and Misconduct)
- Extra Persons on the Field Position Paper - November 2010
- State Referee - Certifying and Upgrading Requirements - January 2010
- US Soccer Referee Directives 2009
- Law 4 and Hair Control Devices - June 2009
- AR Priorities - March 2009
- Head Injuries - March 2009
- Revised Procedures and Signals - May 2008
- Objects On Field
- Handling Injuries
- Referee Uniform Guidelines